Horn Wiring

Guest agi

Well want to wire up the horn in the streering wheel but cannot see how to route the wires behind the wheel.

Have a horn wired in the dash but in an emergency your really need to be able to hit it without having to reach over.

Can any body tell me where i need to run the wires ???

Thanks

Agi

Guest Techmage
Well want to wire up the horn in the streering wheel but cannot see how to route the wires behind the wheel.

Have a horn wired in the dash but in an emergency your really need to be able to hit it without having to reach over.

Can any body tell me where i need to run the wires ???

Thanks

Agi

For columns with the horn in the middle of the wheel there is a plastic disc behind the wheel with 2 metal tracks around it and attached to the column there are 2 spring loaded pins this transfers the electrical connection without the worry of the wires getting twisted. Latter seirra's had the horn on the end of one of the stalks (can't remember which one, indicator ?). If you have the latter then wiring should be one of the connectors for the stalks, if the earlier and theres no plastic disc/spring pins it could be rather difficult to retrofit.