Dreaded Cycle Wing Brackets

Guest Wozzer

Hi,

I am trying to fit the bars onto the bracket..............

The diameter of the bracket and the bars are the same?

Do these need to be sleeved and welded together, or am I missing something? :wacko:

Wozzer

hi wozzer

sounds like your missing a length of steel tube that sleeves over the bkt arm and both bits of multi bend tube,if you didnt get it in kit ,you may have to scource your own or ask rhsc

cheers ant..

Wozzer

On my 2B collected July 2001 there are short pieces of tube already welded to the bracket. There is also a multi bend tube with a smaller diameter that you cut up and push into the part on the bracket then pop rivet together. Maybe Richard has changed something. It's worth a quick call to RHSC they are usually quite helpfull ^_^ .

Regards

Pete

Hi Wozzer,

I'm doing exactly the same thing at the moment and had to hunt around for the tube that came with the kit (it found it's way into the scrap nuts & bolts box :blink: )

It's about 300mm long and the ID is the same as the OD of the cycle wing brackets. just remember to chamfer all the ends as it's an interference fit.

My kit is a Sub-K and It's all explained on video 3, I presume your 2B has somthing similar.

I had to buy some new M12 bolts with locknuts so that I had some thred comming through the hub to bolt the second L shaped mounting bracket to, I also drilled and tapped an M6 hole and used an M10 nut as a spacer on the 'toung' part of the bracket that bolts to the hub.

Guest Paul Gretton

Don't talk to me about cycle wing brackets. I've just f***ed up a carbon fibre wheel arch because I just couldn't get the brackets to bend into the right position - this was just after my drill bit broke fitting the left hand brake pipe clips and went straight through the rad!

Bol***ks to it, I'm going to Australia on Saturday to get away from the bloody thing - Guess I'll have to save a bit of my spending money to go and buy new bits from RHSC when I get back!

Paul

Hi All

I did'nt get the extra tube bit.

It depends on when you collected but, on my video (Dec 2001) it says you put a split down the tube (multi bend part) about 3" long with a hacksaw. It then compress's enough to fit inside the tube on the bracket attached to the hub and then drill and rivet it in the desired position.

This is how i did mine and it still seems okay 12 months on.

HTH

Mitch

Guest Battery Bill

Paul

Guess I'll have to save a bit of my spending money to go and buy new bits from RHSC

We know the feeling :wub: we buggered our sidepanel and were the laughing stock of Newark when we picked up our new one :wub:

Battery Bill

We know the feeling  we buggered our sidepanel and were the laughing stock of Newark when we picked up our new one 

Was that caused by squeezing battery in the back!!!!!!

Ian

:p Amazing......I actually found my missing pipe. It was on a shelf and has gone a nice 'brown colour'.

Will have a play tonight.

Seems like these brackets are generally a bad design ;) (a bit like having a battery in the boot!)

Wozzer