Innovate Lc-1 On Emerald K3

Guest Jomeo69

Guest Jomeo69

Hey guys could really do with some help one this one.

We have our engine running with no probs there (at last), we havnt run it for any real period of time due to not being tuned yet and also a brand new crate engine from GBS.

My question is has anyone fitted a Innovate LC-1 wideband lambda sensor to their emerald K3 ecu or have any experience with these sensors???????????

When we first put the the engine in we wired it all up and the lambda sensor worked fine (Heated up and went through the flashing light cycle and all the other bits and bobs).

Then for some reason we had to remove the lambda sensor and associated wiring and after putting it all back in in exactly the same way (followed the manual to the letter) nothing worked. Couldn't get a signal from the sensor and the controller wouldn't respond to anything.

So after getting mega frustrated with it and trying all the wiring combinations on this planet i finally bit the bullet and ordered a new sensor from the US which arrived today. After a direct swap of the plugs (all soldered up nicely and heat wrapped) we went back to the very beginning and wired it up as if it was the first time.

Needless to say nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. So we went round and checked all our wires fuses and connections. All seem good.

So now im really miffed off for one and slightly confused as to why this isnt working. I dont want to have to shell out for a new unit and have tried the infamous innovate tech helpline (for future reference dont bother).

Im just wondering if the LC-1 controller has a built in fuse or there is something i should be doing that im not.

If anyone could shed any light on this then id be really appreciative.

Many Thanks

Joe

Guest woolly

only suggestion i can make is to connect the lc1 to a computer and run logworks to find out whats going on.

may pay to disconnect it from the ecu while you check that its all ok. or if you have loaded a different map it may have the afr turned off.

woolly

Guest Jomeo69

See thats what i was thinking but every time i try to connect it says the usual "connect device and power on" i know for sure that all the connections are Good as in power earths and the connections to the ecu so was wondering if there was something id missed???

Joe

I looked seriously into this and decided in the end that a rolling road session at Emerald was better as it included ignition as well. Having said that, on paper it should work and its an intriguing way of getting everything apart from ignition set up.

As Woolly says ensure the feedback loop is on in the program otherwise it won't be looking for or using the lambda. Is the ECU also set up to take the correct output voltage range from the lambda you have?

Hope you get it sorted

Guest woolly
"connect device and power on"

normally means that the lc1 channel is not configured. or the computer cant find the device.

i normally get in a mess with this

is the serial terminator fitted.

and run the LM-programmer programmer.

this will set the outputs required.

logworks only reports what it sees

you may have to look in the computer systems hardware to find which com port windows has assigned to your usb to serial converter.

sorry poor at explaining things

woolly

Yes. Narrow band lambda and set fuelling, not adaptive. Too many variables on adaptive and doesn't sort your ignition. All set up on the rollers at Emerald. I have 3 programs. One for track or fast drive, one for economy (leaned off a bit at cruising speeds, 40mpg!) and one with an optimised lambda curve, although don't use this. All pass the MOT emissions. Not that much difference between them really to be honest!

Guest Jomeo69
Not that much difference between them really to be honest!

hmm intriguing. id like to get this working but if it doesnt decide to play ball may just go this route. where did your sensor come from?

joe

Sorry didn't see the question before....if going fixed you don't need a Lambda at all. Ditch it and blank up the hole and save your pennies.

I tried mine to regulate just idle mixture via the feedback system and it was so awful I just disabled it and its never been used for 3 years.