Location Of The Tfi Module

peter_m7uk

Another leccy question. I notice that the TFi module in my EFi loom was originally mounted on the alternator side of the Pinto, away from all the other electrical components... Anyone know if this was done deliberately for electrical reasons, or if it was just a convenient spot in the engine bay for Ford? I thought maybe there was more chance of picking up interference from the ignition circuit if it was mounted on the intake side closer to the distributor, so they moved it? Or can I stick the TFi module anywhere???

Cheers,

Pete B)

Another leccy question. I notice that the TFi module in my EFi loom was originally mounted on the alternator side of the Pinto, away from all the other electrical components... Anyone know if this was done deliberately for electrical reasons, or if it was just a convenient spot in the engine bay for Ford? I thought maybe there was more chance of picking up interference from the ignition circuit if it was mounted on the intake side closer to the distributor, so they moved it? Or can I stick the TFi module anywhere???

Cheers,

Pete B)

Whoops, think I just answered my own question with a quick search :p It says here that the module should be mounted somewhere cool, otherwise it can work intermittently and possibly stall the engine. In fact, this even went to court as potentially dangerous, resulting in a recall!

Pete