Pay And Display

Guest ian luxford

Guest ian luxford

hi

while out driving along the coast at the weekend i was reminded of something that concerned me last summer..

where do you all put the pay and display ticket? i have no roof or sidescreens so it would be very easy for someone to take the ticket of the screen. has this happened to anyone? where do you stand if you then get a ticket if it is taken? or do i just have a very low opinion of the great british public and in fact they are all very honest!!

thanks for you help

ian

Guest Battery Bill

Why not fit one of those "Break glass for key" holders then you could fit it to the car and pop your ticket in there :)

I must admit to having a similar untrusting nature to yourself :wub:

Guest ian luxford

mmmm not so sure on the break glass idea!

as for not parking in a pay and display it is nigh on impossible down here to avoid it! most on street parking is now voucher parking and they are even worse as they dont stick to anything you are meant to trap them in the side windows!

the easiest way write you're reg number on the top and make a note of the seriel number on the bottom of the ticket and the time at which the ticket expires.

Then if some tight git that wont pay and think its funny to take you're ticket you have a record of it.

Then when it goes walkies you can go and find the car with you're ticket and break there window to get it back. :D B)

This is what i have done in the past (made a note, not smashed there windows)even taken digi camera picks before now.

but i must say, i have never had one pinched.

Mitch

Edited by Mitch

Guest ian luxford

thats a good idea! my phone has a camera on it so could just take a pic of it each time on my car next to the tax disk should work! thanks for that. has anyone ever had one nicked??

• 4 weeks later...

never had a car park ticket stolen, but once i broke down in the middle of town. So I parked up, went accross to my friends flat, got a pen and paper and wrote "Broken down" then taped this to the front of my windscreen, so as to stop traffic wardens from giving me a ticket. Anyway, i dissapear of home to get some tools, return, and find my sign has been ripped off and i have a parking ticket.

typical

Zip