Waterproof Car Cover For 2b Wanted

Guest Dan_Beeston

Guest Dan_Beeston

Hi All,

I'll looking for a waterproof car cover to keep the rain off the 2B when it's outside, can anyone recommend one that is tailored enough to not flap about/blow away in the wind without breaking the bank?

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I got mine from Hamilton Classic. It wasn't cheap, but seems pretty good stuff. It is a bit big to carry in the car if you wanted to use it as an overnight cover while away from home, but mine is used indoors mostly or on the drive if i need the garage space for other jobs for a while. HTH, Brian

Guest peter2b2002

In between house moves I used one from Halfrouds , got the small one to fit my 2b , you do need to tie the front and back down as well the middle just to help holding it on, it lasted well over winter 2 years ago ,gales heavy rain and snow, I still use it to keep the bird cr*p off my car whilst it's in the garage(house martins & sparrows)

peter2b

Guest Angel Boy

I got one of these:

eBay

If it is windy it does eventually blow off, so I'm trying to find a way of keeping down other then using my good ladies plant tubs!! Seems quite waterprrof though, but although it has rained it hasn't rained consistently on it.

Best,

Andy

Guest Dan_Beeston

Cheers Andy,

Is is at all tailored for a Caterham style car or just a normal car style cover of roughly the right size? (I'm guessing the latter, given the price?)

I too got mine off ebay and it has a soft internal lineing , also bought some 10 mtrs of 8mm bungy cord and made 2 5mtr ones together with hooks off some old u/s bungy straps works a treat in high winds and stops it flapping.

Mike.