Been To Gbs Today.............

Shaft

Hi all, popped over to GBS this morning for a nose round and to dot a few i's and cross a few T's on my Zero plus order. Finally set a collection date........

11th December. Jee's, i'd better get this Sierra stripped and all the bits left over sold on pronto.

Really looking forward to starting the build. I've even given the garage a lick of emulsion and repainted the floor. :yahoo:

Talk laters peeps.

Nick.

Guest graham.g

Good luck with the build Nick, hopefully I should have my zero kit shortly.

Interested what engine your going with, I'm still undecided.

Yes im also in a hurry to strip my sierra, got this far,, engine and box will hopefully be out this weekend.

post-2494-1256858050_thumb.jpg

Graham

Good luck with the build Nick, hopefully I should have my zero kit shortly.

Interested what engine your going with, I'm still undecided.

Yes im also in a hurry to strip my sierra, got this far,, engine and box will hopefully be out this weekend.

post-2494-1256858050_thumb.jpg

Graham

Nice little lump your using there. lol.

Message me if you need to know anything about the rover V8, i've spent the last 17 years playing about with them in my offroad race motor.

Just sold a 4.0l Gems engine a couple of weeks ago.

When you collecting your kit??

Cheers, Nick.

Guest graham.g

Dont think the v8 will fit, huge shame :(

I ordered on the 16th october and they said 4 weeks , but I,m optimistic they will manage that quick.

what motor you putting in, If the v8 doesn't fit I have a couple of more engine's in mind :lol:

Graham

Dont think the v8 will fit, huge shame :(

I ordered on the 16th october and they said 4 weeks , but I,m optimistic they will manage that quick.

what motor you putting in, If the v8 doesn't fit I have a couple of more engine's in mind :lol:

Graham

Going for the nice iva friendly Pinto to start with. Prob run it for a year to iron out teething troubles then switch to something with a bit more about it.

Nick

Guest graham.g
If you use the V8 make sure you take photos of it in the donor vehicle to prove the engine number on your log book.

^^^^ that looks like a good photo^^^^

Now the V8 is on the floor I have taken measurements, and I reckon the V8 would fit if you got the bellhousing back far enough up the tunnel. You would have to modify the two rails running diagonally in the engine bay.

The engine is only 22inches tall from bottom of sump to top of rocker so only the filter would poke through the bonnet.

width without headers is 20inches so should just squeeze in between the chassis.

Steering column might need modifying to clear engine.

BUT I'm not fitting it in the zero, I didn't think it would fit after some early measurements, but now i think it could be done.

V8 engine and box have been sold, so I'm open to Ideas on what engine to fit. I have another engine in mind but height could be an issue ( I'll keep that under wraps at the minute ).

Graham