2b On Twin 40`s

Guest charlie

Guest charlie

Has anyone had a problem with too much fuel pressure? since replacing a partly blocked fuel

filter i seem to be getting too much fuel the car floods easily when starting, and there is fuel

seeping from the bellmouth on both carbs, it is also difficult to balance the carbs. i have a filter king

fuel regulator which i intend trying"if i can remember what adjustment to use! any info would be

welcome.

many thanks Charlie.

Has anyone had a problem with too much fuel pressure? since replacing a partly blocked fuel

filter i seem to be getting too much fuel the car floods easily when starting, and there is fuel

seeping from the bellmouth on both carbs, it is also difficult to balance the carbs. i have a filter king

fuel regulator which i intend trying"if i can remember what adjustment to use! any info would be

welcome.

many thanks Charlie.

You must fit the fuel pressure regulator Webers need 3.5 to 4.5 psi as your pump probably gives more psi than this, the pump will defeat the float needle valve forcing fuel past the jets and out of the bellmouths.

You really need a fuel pressure guage about £14 off ebay, fits onto the blanking plug hole on the outlet side of the regulator but only for set up, it will break if you leave on and drive.

To adjust take off the domed nut on the top of the regulator and use a slotted screwdriver on the brass screw, clockwise for more pressure, anti-clockwise for less, if you dont have or buy a gauge then adjust 1/2 a turn at a time.

I have just had a good look at my smaller Malpasi and it does not have the gauge blanking stopper that my bigger V8 Malpassi has so you may need a gauge adaptor.

I would still recommend setting up with a gauge though.

Guest charlie
You must fit the fuel pressure regulator Webers need 3.5 to 4.5 psi as your pump probably gives more psi than this, the pump will defeat the float needle valve forcing fuel past the jets and out of the bellmouths.

You really need a fuel pressure guage about £14 off ebay, fits onto the blanking plug hole on the outlet side of the regulator but only for set up, it will break if you leave on and drive.

To adjust take off the domed nut on the top of the regulator and use a slotted screwdriver on the brass screw, clockwise for more pressure, anti-clockwise for less, if you dont have or buy a gauge then adjust 1/2 a turn at a time.

Thanks for the info Paul, I had the filter king fitted about 3 years ago and all was fine until i did a club track day

and had problems with a misfire finally as the filter was the last thing fitted it was removed, although under normal

driving there were no probs this included Le Manns as well, there was a pressure guage with the filter king so i will

give it a whirl,

Cheers Charlie,

Guest charlie
Its probably worth checking the float leves on the carbs, they don't stay set for ever and the extra work at the track day may have unsettled the carbs.

Float levels should be set at 15mm full drop and 7.5mm closed

Thanks Paul, i have fitted and set up the filter king but although there is a definate improvment i am still getting

some fuel past the bellmouths so as you suggest the floats are the next port of call, thanks again,

Charlie