Handbrake Position - Exmo

Guest Liam

Hi

Read the description by Matt Augier on the old website (which is still there!) about dropping the handbrake into the tunnel so that it lies flush with the top of the tunnel when in the off position.

Has anyone any comments to add to this, indeed any chance of some photos of the job - finished or in progress?

PhilG.

Guest Bob Rowell

Hi Phil, I've recently done the hand brake mod and it's quite simple. Disconnect and remove the hand brake, then insert it into it's mounting aperture from underneath the car.

Re-secure it using longer mounting bolts and spacers between the underside of the tunnel top and the top face of the hand brake bracket (hope that makes sense). Mine works a treat and now sits less than 2" above the tunnel top.

When you re-connect the cable remember to take up the extra free play.

I can't get my car over the pit at the moment to take some pics but I will try and do some in the next week or so, meanwhile I have attached a pic taken from the top where you can just about see the clearance.

Guest Bob Rowell

No Bill, it's my eyes again. Why does it do this to me? My pic files are all the same, only sometimes I get an error message saying that I can't upload this type of file !

I'll try and attach it to this post ......

post-7-1076026017.jpg