Car Recovery Services

Tazzzzman1

Im sorry dinger but i dont know where you get your information sounds like RAC propergander to me, let me put you straight the AA do not make any labour charge for any work done at the roadside they charge for parts used thats all same as you, puncture no seviceable spare a patrol will be sent who will do his best to either make a temp repair to the tyre using a special sealant if succesfull you will be charged for the sealant if not succesfull no charge a new tyre will be sourced if poss if in office hours or a mobile tyre fitter will be called. if non of the above can be done i believe there may be a charge to get the vehicle recovered you should have a serviceable spare. As to say we dont cover missfuels is a total lie we have a fleet of fuel assist vans that soley attend these jobs some thing the RAC dont have, it is a chargeable sevice but you get it done at the road side or garage fourcort. As for accident jobs a charge is made to recover these jobs and where ever possible the drivers insurance is invoyced directly after all these jobs are not breakdowns they are an insuance claim job so why should the insurance companies get away with not paying the full cost of the accident . sorry to go on but i dont like to see miss information posted with the obviouse intention of slagging of one organisation to get members for his company

No intention of slagging other companies just making peolpe aware that reading the small print should be read before deciding on the best service to the consumer.

If the AA do not charge for labour then I stand corrected and I really dont see where you have reached the conclusion that its obvious it is to gain customers for my company, infact I even advised these guys to check their bank accounts to see if they can get covered with them.

As said in other posts, different circumstances require different types of policies and it is what suits you best that makes the final decision.

Dave

Actually, I'm quite offended by your post Andrew

I never slagged any company down nor offered an RAC policy to anyone that wasnt already a customer, I even put a down side to the RAC as a few people were asking about european cover.

I am however glad you have posted to say how the AA system works for puncuter/no spare situations and also the accident proccess as this is good infomation for everyone.

Guest andrewmoorhouse
Actually, I'm quite offended by your post Andrew

I never slagged any company down nor offered an RAC policy to anyone that wasnt already a customer, I even put a down side to the RAC as a few people were asking about european cover.

I am however glad you have posted to say how the AA system works for puncuter/no spare situations and also the accident proccess as this is good infomation for everyone.

Sorry dinger it was never my intention to offend, possibley on my high horse at the time of writing, or maybe just a bad day at work. We both do a difficult job in difficult conditions out there so im sure we are kindred spirits, anyway again sorry if i did offended you. Merry christmas and a happy new year and be safe out there. Andrew AA patrol 28years

Guest The Modfather

I think you both do sterling work, and it is never more appreciated than when you actually breakdown in the bad weather. No matter what kind of emergency service you work for (me police) people slag you off all the time, but when the time comes, you are the best thing since sliced bread, and people love you!

So, lets just thank everyone who works for the emergency services, including breakdown services (and those fighting overseas) and be kind to one and other. I hope my appreciation is echoed by everyone.

Kindest regards to all.