Which Alternator Do I Need For A 2ltr Zetec Black Top?

Guest phil howard

Guest mcramsay

gbsc do a really nice little denso alternator, with all the brackets and pulleys and stuff. £220, saves alot of hassle in making up brackets, and it fits under the jenvey throttle bodies rather than on the exhast side.

Guest phil howard
gbsc do a really nice little denso alternator, with all the brackets and pulleys and stuff. £220, saves alot of hassle in making up brackets, and it fits under the jenvey throttle bodies rather than on the exhast side.

The deed is done ............. the path of least resistance everytime.

Thanks

Gents

Phil

When you get them any chance of a comment on the quality of the brackets etc - ie have the brackets and fixing holes been cut with a plasma cutter or are they machined properly. I have found that plasma cutting means that a lot of cleaning up is required if you want a nice looking article at the end and to be honest, with a reasonable set of drawings I could probably get the bracketry machined at work for a lot less!

Cheers

Sharky

Guest phil howard
Phil

When you get them any chance of a comment on the quality of the brackets etc - ie have the brackets and fixing holes been cut with a plasma cutter or are they machined properly. I have found that plasma cutting means that a lot of cleaning up is required if you want a nice looking article at the end and to be honest, with a reasonable set of drawings I could probably get the bracketry machined at work for a lot less!

Cheers

Sharky

Sharky,

The brackets do seem to be laser cut but having said that they are quite well made (see attached). I will be getting them powder coated.

Cheers

Phil

post-3716-1264711515_thumb.jpg

Guest mcramsay

mine required shall i say a little bit of redrilling the holes to a bigger size so that the bolts would actually go through the brackets and screw into the hole they were supposed to! cant complain though, does the job nicely. and as i dont have access to a mig welder took the stress out of trying to get one/borrow one just to make some brackets up .