Dashboard Design

Guest eddie99

Guest eddie99
Hi Guys,

I've been working on my dash for a little while now, Just about getting to working drawings and final design so whats your thoughts?

Much Appreciated

Ed

Sorry forgot to say, the 7 circles are warning lights, the box is for a little performance gadget. Pocket and hole for gearstick you can see and the 3 holes in pocket are cigarette lighter and 2 light switches

Thanks

Ed

Very nice....... Are you going to machine a pattern from the Cad and then make a mould or machine a reverse of your model to create a mould??

What you going for, glass fibre or carbon??

Should be well smart when finished, certainly looks good on the screen dumps you've posted.

Regards,

Nick

Guest eddie99
Very nice....... Are you going to machine a pattern from the Cad and then make a mould or machine a reverse of your model to create a mould??

What you going for, glass fibre or carbon??

Should be well smart when finished, certainly looks good on the screen dumps you've posted.

Regards,

Nick

The centre section is going to be machined from the cad in 3 sections out of solid blocks. The plain dash with curve will be flexiply with a carbon fibre formica for the moment to see how it all works.

Thanks for kind comments

Ed

Guest old_timbo

Main problem with centrally mounted instruments is that is difficult to read them. Really need the Rev Counter and Speedo as high and close to the visual edge of the steering wheel as possible so that you can read them without taking your eyes off the road. Difficult to achieve though.

Tim

Guest eddie99
Main problem with centrally mounted instruments is that is difficult to read them. Really need the Rev Counter and Speedo as high and close to the visual edge of the steering wheel as possible so that you can read them without taking your eyes off the road. Difficult to achieve though.

Tim

All the driving instrument are behind steering wheel in little computer. :)

Guest eddie99
look well nice . hows it all coming on now . and have you passed your test yet see you all soon

Glad you like it mate, Car is getting closer but ever so slowly. Still no IVA :) Will you be at detling? Hope to see you there mate!

Hi Guys,

I've been working on my dash for a little while now, Just about getting to working drawings and final design so whats your thoughts?

Much Appreciated

Ed

Really like the concept, I also went for a centre console with the speedo and rev counter behind the wheel, still have a lot of work to do, especially making sure the steering wheel is not covering the dials. I have got pics and a description of how I built in on my web site www.johnskitcar.com

Cheers

John

Guest eddie99

John,

Yep i know what you mean, i've done a few prototypes to make sure i put the computer in the perfect position...

Thanks

Ed

Really like the concept, I also went for a centre console with the speedo and rev counter behind the wheel, still have a lot of work to do, especially making sure the steering wheel is not covering the dials. I have got pics and a description of how I built in on my web site www.johnskitcar.com

Cheers

John