Sliding Pillar

keith kelly

Hi,

decided to take my sliding pillars to bits as i did'nt build the car and wanted to check the condition of them before it goes back on the road in april. Upon inspection i believe i require 2 new bottom rubber bits as they are very worn ( Exscuse the non mechanical term) and two new bearing things that the suspention pillar sits on as mine are cracked. Does anyone know where i can get hold of the above or recomment anything else that i should considder replacing at the same time (other than the sliding pillar suspention that is).

i will try and take pics and upload but im sure some of you will know what i mean

many thanks

keith

(only intended to fit longer wheel studs, got carried away oops)

The bottom rubber bits I assume are some sort of bump stop. There wasn't anything in the build videos I got about them so it was a sort of make it up as you go along thing and depends on what your builder used (a suitable circle cut out of an old tyre does the job quite nicely).

The bearings at the top are the standard parts from a Sierra (at the top of the macpherson struts). There are sellers on ebay (I posted a link for someone asking the same question recently).

Iain

Guest craig030774

on the top bearing is there a small diameter piece of pipe if so the bearing will crack again . i made a stainless spacer to spread the load across to whole surface .as for bottom rubber it is ford cortina compliance bushes that you need from ford .I paid about £3 for them

hope this helps

craig