Car Covers

Andy Cook

Afternoon all,

Need to get the tin top in the garage for some repairs so I’m looking for a cover to throw over the hood wile its outside.

It doesn’t have to be monsoon proof, as it will only be out during the day. But wants to look tidy and be a desent fit.

Just wondering what anyone else uses.

Thanks, Andy

Soft Bits for Sevens and Hamiltons do some very nice tailored covers but they cost.

I used a Halfords special for years, what i did need to do was either support the cover or fit the hood, if i did not water would pool on the cover.

Guest The Modfather

Got mine off the bay of E, £17, fits well and water resistant. Wasn't second hand but new from supplier. I will check my purchases and get you the seller's details if you want?

Darren

Need to get the tin top in the garage for some repairs so I’m looking for a cover to throw over the hood wile its outside.

Andy,

I use a car cover I bought from Lidl, I can’t remember the price but it was very reasonable :) . Of course they only have them in about 3 times a year which could be a prob if ou need it right now.

They do four sizes, I think the smallest one was the neatest fit. It has an elasticated border to fit it snug around the wheels but it’s a good idea to run a rope from the front centre to the rear centre first (gives a tent like effect) otherwise the water sits in all the dips.

John (jwts).

Guest youngsterS3

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WESTFIELD-CATERHAM-S...=item4a9e32333f

I got on of these. ok the engine bay gets wet, but other wise and the size it packs down to it is great. Really waterproof. one down side is that it does end up sagging in the middle above the handbrake.

It has had a swimming pool in there for days at a time and nothing goes through. It has survived very windy conditions.

To hold it down better you do need to pass some rope under(for when it is very windy), and also to keep it down at the front towards the windscreen i have used a couple of sucker hooks.(where the white blob is in the following pic)

and to stop the sag an old camera tripod with a old camping pot on the top!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/youngster200...838644962427298

cheers

Chris

Andy,

I use a car cover I bought from Lidl, I can’t remember the price but it was very reasonable :) . Of course they only have them in about 3 times a year which could be a prob if ou need it right now.

They do four sizes, I think the smallest one was the neatest fit. It has an elasticated border to fit it snug around the wheels but it’s a good idea to run a rope from the front centre to the rear centre first (gives a tent like effect) otherwise the water sits in all the dips.

John (jwts).

we have a Lidl cover, cost around a tenner; the elastic around the edge has gone but the nylon is nice and soft- we use it to protect the paint then tie a large Machine mart blue poly propylene tarpaulin over the whole lot

Soft Bits for Sevens and Hamiltons do some very nice tailored covers but they cost.

I used a Halfords special for years, what i did need to do was either support the cover or fit the hood, if i did not water would pool on the cover.

Nice for the Ducks Paul :D

I made a cardboard surrey top to keep the pond from appearing in the cover

Jan