You Wouldn't Believe This...

Guest The Modfather

My Uncle who works in the family planning field for global health organisations and governments says that this is getting more and more common. Generaly as worldwide health and diets improve (even in thirld world countries) the age at which girls become fertile is dropping. There are hundreds of thousands of 10, 11 and 12 year olds having children every year worldwide often with devestating consequences. Certain cultural attitudes don't help either where women are treated as second class citizens and are there only to be slaves effectively!

Guest The Modfather

Years ago I had read some "amazing facts around the world" type article, don't know whay publication, but somewhere in Africa a girl aged 8 had a child, and that child also had a baby at aged 8, so making the first girl a granny at 16-17 years of age.

I agree with you on the cultural thing that you say about some countries treating them as slaves etc. Without getting into religions too deeply, there are those here in the UK that still treat their daughters/wives in the same light. Disgusting really.