Dave Andrew Quick Shift

Guest John Walton

Guest phil howard
Just wondered if anyone has tried the dave andrews metjod of making a quick shift and how it went?

http://www.s262612653.websitehome.co.uk/DVAndrews/quick.htm

When BGH Geartech built my fast road Type 9 gearbox they advised not to fit a quick shifter and that shortening the the lever was quite adequate. The reason being was that the quickshifter puts more strain onto the selectors.

I've done this mod on mine and it works well, especially in addition to shortening the lever itself (which the previous owner had already done).

What you might find is that you break the little plastic saddle that sits on the g/box selector rod every now and again as it takes a bit more strain. This happens to me occasionally and the symptoms are a 'sloppy' gear change and sometimes difficult selection (particularly reverse).

However its an easy change (10 mins) and the saddles only cost about £1 even from a Ford dealer (part No PF1522783). Burtons have them in stock as well.

Cheers

Andy