Mini Wiper Sweep

Guest slimesub5

Guest slimesub5

Hi,

Well with the endless advice regarding the wiring interface between the Mini Wiper motor and the Sierra Wiring loom, I now have a wiper motor thats works well including - park and intermittent!

BUT-

The mini motor I have seems to give a very wide sweep - appx 120 degrees.

Is this normal as I cant get the right wiper arm length to work without the blades running over the frame at the bottom.

Should I be using a different motor?

Can I mod the motor to give a more desirable sweep of appx 90 deg? Do I need to do this????

Any help appreciated....

Thanks,

Perry

I have "mini spec" items from P&L mini spares. I think they're 32 tooth. They sweep the 2B screen pretty well, both parking on the passenger side. Each one does more than 90 degrees ... about 110 at a guess.

Ant

Guest mark kingston

my wheel boxes came off a morris marina as i found the mini ones too wide a sweep angle.

i also believe you can get different wheels to go in the main motor part with the arms set at different distances from the center point.

regards

mark kingston

Guest Cantbearsed

Mini wiper swept arc: Mk1 110 degrees, everything else since, 120 degrees.

Try using the wiper arm and motor from the humble Citroen BX. its a mono wipe but covers aprox 160-170 degrees.

If you have a mini wiper motor that works on intermittent AND park, for gods sake keep it, it's a rarity!!!!! :D