419 Eaters

Mat-Moo

If you don't know what a 419 scam is, it's when you get the email saying about $21mil etc stuck in an account and requesting you help to get it (and others)... was on tv last week, mostly run by Nigerian drug rings etc. However I found this site today http://www.419eater.com/ which made me have some serious laughs - worth reading a few!

:D Warning...if you are tempted to wind these time wasters up...remember do not use your correct email address! If do then you will get even more spam than you do already!

My advice is never ever reply to spam you receive, I know its tempting, but until you reply they won't know you email address is live.

You need a mail address for the purpose, thats what hotmail is for, isn't it ;) :D :p

Dave

email to dave@dev/null

I hate spam, but as Dave says, don't reply to it even if it's to tell them to leave you alone because they’ll get your address, if you want to wind them up use a junk email address like a Yahoo one.

I heard a story about a bloke in America who was in the business of collecting email addresses and selling them on to spammers. His home address was made public and there was a campaign over the internet to sign him up to every junk mail catalogue there was. He ended up getting 2 lorry loads of catalogues a week and he was having to pay to have them taken away.

Sweet justice. :lol:

I seem to remember some pulic spirited chap had set up a freepost address for you to send all those unwanted AOL CD's to and he was returning them in batches at their cost. Not sure how it worked financially for him but they must have been receiving a fairly large amount of their junk mail back.

Does anyone know any other adresses of people who send spam?

Iain

Guest MikeD318

It's quite good fun to send the pre paid return envelopes from credit card companies and the likes back to them with other peoples junk mail in them. It makes me feel better and if every one did it they'd soon get the idea ;) :D

Mike

Thats what I do ;) :p :D :lol: I use their pre-paid envelopes to return the junk they sent me...makes me feel great :)

Sometimes they reply saying they will "take me off their mailing lists"

Dave