GRP Rear Wings On 2b

Guest Ginzie

Guest Ginzie

Wise people. I have opted for the wider GRP rear wings on my 2002 2B. These come with body side panel curve moulded but can I get the side panel to match this!!!!!

Is there a technique/trick to this? Las thing I want is to fill a gap with spare ss.

Will add pics soon.

Many thanks

Mark

Yes there is a trick, have a look at this on the NW RH site which shows how to fit the side panels and achieve the curve you're after:

http://nw.rhocar.org/side_panels.htm

It says that you need two people but I just did it very carefully and managed on my own, plenty of clamps and lots of checking and re-checking. I also wanted the curve of the wheelarch to match the wheel and avoid the off-roader look so I fitted the wheelarch so the front lower edge is level with the bottom of the side panel and the rear lower edge is level with the bottom of the rear panel, then made a curved infill to fill in the front bit. Not the best picture but it looks like this and should be ok with the wing piping fitted.

66jpg.jpg

Yep I did a retro fit on my 2b.....

I did have to remove a little bit of the grp wheel arch where the curve did not quite match to fit with the side panels and used silkaflex to fill in the small gap between the 2 around the curve

my stone guards fit flush to the side panel to match the curve of the body and hide any "sins" behind

HTH's ..

cheers

C