Seats For Iva

Guest lordofthemanor

Guest lordofthemanor

is there any regulations when it comes to seats? mine go back and forward at the bottom with a lever but the backs are not fixed in place (they are attached to the base) are these ok? :huh:

Guest Noddy006

Hi Lord

Not sure exactly what you mean by the backs not fixed. If the backs are attached to the base and the whole seat slides on rails provided you have head rests it should be O.K. If backs not attached I guess there would be some question at IVA. On mine the seats are on rails so can adjust for leg length and the backs have knob on side for tilt of back. These were fine at IVA. HTH Ian H

P.S. make sure that the bottom rail fittings are substancial and not just through thin metal.

Guest lordofthemanor
Hi Lord

Not sure exactly what you mean by the backs not fixed. If the backs are attached to the base and the whole seat slides on rails provided you have head rests it should be O.K. If backs not attached I guess there would be some question at IVA. On mine the seats are on rails so can adjust for leg length and the backs have knob on side for tilt of back. These were fine at IVA. HTH Ian H

P.S. make sure that the bottom rail fittings are substancial and not just through thin metal.

mine dont have head rests, is this a problem?

mine dont have head rests, is this a problem?

I guess that would be a problem. From the IVA manual....

Note 5: Height adjustable head restraints must achieve this dimension at the

lowest positions to which adjustment is possible. There should not be any in-

use position resulting in a height of less than 700mm.

The 700mm runs from a reference point 53mm above the area of the seat where you sit to the top of the headrest.

Unless you're talking about bucket seats where the heads rests are an integral part of the seat?

Hope that helps?

Harvs