Odd Bitz

zygoteer

Hi

I am just getting around to building my car after 7 years of illness, so I have forgotten a lot of the context of all the bits I had in my kit that I picked up in November 2002.

I am now rooting through everything to try and figure out what everything is, but I have today found two pieces that I have no clue about - can anyone help ?

(they may not be part of the kit, but maybe were just stored with the bits in my garage - in my absence several relatives have been poking about the house!)

The first bit in question is a very specifically shaped stainless steel tubing about 1.5inch OD by around 2 feet overall length (ummm ...why has it gone a little stained then ? - oh well)

The second bit is a White Plastic tube about the same size, but a little shorter and straight.

This pic shows them both .... pic4

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks

Tony

I can't see your pic for some reason, but the plastic pipe may be for trim on the cockpit sides.

I got a length with my kit, you cut it in half lengthways, cover with vinyl, then fix over sides after fitting side panels.

Nick

I can't see your pic for some reason, but the plastic pipe may be for trim on the cockpit sides.

I got a length with my kit, you cut it in half lengthways, cover with vinyl, then fix over sides after fitting side panels.

Nick

Hmmm .. well I have shrunk it now so here it is ...

Guest chris brown

If the plastic pipe is about 2" dia then it is for the cockpit sides as Nick says split lengthways, cover with vinyl and padding if required and then spend hours getting it over the top chassis rail but once on it will never fall off.

The other may be part of the multi bend pipe which was cut up for various bits - mainly cycle wing brackets. But from the photo looks too big in diameter

Hi

It is the right diameter for an exhaust, and Stainless, and very precisely formed, but I got a complete DOHC 4-branch manifold with my kit, and I have no recollection of ever having got any other SS piping for any other purpose.

Maybe it was an offcut accidentally put in my trolley at the factory - I do recall it was a chaotic day with 22 vans all wanting their kit !

I take your point about the plastic tube - many thanks for the replies :)

regards Tony

Zygoteer,

The metal tubing does look suspiciously symmetrical, if you cut it in half it looks like you would have two identical pieces. Could it be for joining cooling pipes? My 2004 SuperSpec kit uses SS tube as part of the cooling system.

John (jwts).