Fuel Pick Up

Guest Simon M

Guest Simon M

I'm going to extend my fuel pick up pipe by ~50mm, to the bottom of my RHE tank, & was wondering if it's OK to use a short length of fuel hose & a couple of jubilee clips inside the tank.

If I had the gear I'd braize on an extension.

Any thoughts?

Simon

Guest TerryBarry

That's what I've done

I used nylon reinforced PVC petrol tube which I heated to allow a push fit

My reasoning is that PVC tube will harden slowly when exposed to petrol and therefore should not slip off.

Of course it hasn't stood the test of time yet.

Terry

does it need to be fuel grade, would ordinary see through food grade pvc bendy pipe do? - hope so, id like to extend the fuel return well in to the take off pipe underneath my tank and this fits...

cheers guys, like the mower solution, i might have a bit of that stuff lying around

Edited by bloke

bloke , from my experience I have used the clear petrol pipe designed

for our bowling green mower and it lasts about 18 months. It goes as hard as hell.

What size pipe is it ? could you not find a small compression type fitting (plumbing)

swan

Guest TerryBarry

The pipe I used was sold as "fuel type" and about 7mm ID

There were no markings on the short length I cut the 60mm off.

I would not use clear food grade PVC pipe - as I don't think the SVA man would like it.

I was going to use a short length of the Sierra's original black plastic pipe but it was rock hard and didn't soften even when heated to about 100°C - I binned it.

In Swan's example, I assume that the petrol leeches the plasticiser out of the PVC

Terry

;) i can help with this one i have a deeper tank than normal on my s7 and the sender used is from a ford p100 pick up truck it is aprox 35mm longer,and has the same resistance range