Master Cylinder

Guest steve8274

Guest steve8274

hi

had a quick look through forum and cant seem to find answer. maybe really simple but here goes

what size brake master cylinder do you need to fit?

i still have my sierra one but looks bit tired. there is a possibility of me getting hold of a fiesta one. would that be of any use?

any help appreciated

steve

You have to be carefull and compare 2 factors, the first is the mounting bolts seperation distance and angle.

Not a big problem but you may have to redrill to fit.

A bigger problem could be the bore size of the master cylinder, if this is different to the Sierra one it will effect pedal feel and brake performance

Guest steve8274

ok thanks. think i will stick to sierra cylinder then.

if mine not upto scratch, where is best place to get them and how do i find what size it is

Guest chris brown
where is best place to get them and how do i find what size it is

Motor factors but check the make of the one you have as ford fitted at least 2 different ones and they are not interchangeable

Guest Christine

Replaced mine last year, got from it the local motor factors, ended up taking the old one in for identifiction as my car is Cortina based and master cylinders came in 3 varieties, sods law said mine was the most expensive at £60.

Edited by Garry

Guest Tweedy

Presumably you are using the Sierra servo in the brake circuit.If so you should use the Sierra master cylinder or one with the same bore.If you are not using the servo a smaller bore is preferred to avoid high pedal pressures.HTH.Mike

Guest steve8274

hi recycler.

i wasnt planning on using my servo. not seen many other people using one in theirs. dont think i have space.

was just going to get new sierra master cylinder. how do i know what size it is to get smaller bore?

is this what other people have done? because other posts have said to replace with sierra

thanks

steve