Tonneau Cover

Longboarder

Guest JohnS

I made my own took a week of evenings and a borrowed sewing machine,

the material I got was Sunbrella its what they use for spray hoods on yachts £8.50 per m i used 3m, (may cost a bit more im in the industry) mines dark green to match the car, the material is 1.5m wide.

I made it in twelve parts,(not as bad as it sounds)

Drivers side,

Passengers side,

Boot lid,

Passenger side rear,

Drivers side rear,

reterns for

drivers rear, Boot lid, passengers rear,

four bits for the two seat head rest pockets,

Make a pattern from clear polythene and marker pen

the front panels went back to the seat belt bolts in the middle but to the back of the roll bar out side to over lap the back panels the velcro

the boot lid cover fits just inside the roll bar bracing and this velcos over the outer panels,

I put a four foot zip in down the middle but the thing inflates when used with just the drivers side ziped out, so if i did it again I would leave this out.

My cover cost about £45 and had some good comments at detling, im pleased with it but as with all these things I know it could be better.

I used a dommestic sewing machine, it did sruggle when i got to six lots of material (three hemed panels) but is possable, my experiance with a sewing machine before this all most Nil.

I would post a picture but still strugling with that one( should i use bolts or rivits to attach it)?