Update

Guest dinger

Guest dinger

just an update as things progress,

I have now fitted all the front and rear lights and the main wiring loom is in and working, I've decided to use the sierra loom as it will be more reliable with a main fuse/relay box and if anything goes wrong it is the same as the haynes manual, Also means there will only be two seperate looms, engine and main electrics,

The rear panel is done with the arches on and have fitted my remote oil filter and oil cooler, when I remove the engine to finish the mounts the oil pipes can be secured with ease,

Clutch cable is done and have a very nice short pedal, I thought the pedals would be too high but I fitted my seats, had a seat and it was just right, Once a thin covered panel goes into the foot well it will be even better,

here is a few pics,

DSC_1342.jpg

DSC_1345.jpg

DSC_1344.jpg

DSC_1343.jpg

DSC_1350.jpg

DSC_1346.jpg

Thanks for looking and as ever all comments welcome

Guest gixerboy600

I hope you work for the RAC and you are not just taking the p*** on your home start policy?????

Looking good though, where did you get the headlights with indicator built in, like them??

Cheers

John

Guest dinger

It says in my RAC policy that I can have 4 call outs a year and labour is free, so I am just excersising my rights, Lol...

The lights are from a snow plough and were 24 volt but converted them to 12 volt, Dont think they will be my final lights,,, cough cough

Guest dinger

Looking good there Mr Bell, looking good.

You hoping to get finished this year mate?

I'm struggling for time on mine just lately,

stupidly busy at work.

Nick.

Thanks Nick,

I should have it running in a couple of weeks but money holds everything up, I am hoping to be finished by october and maybe get a trackday in before IVA, then ready for the first sunny day next year to be out on the road, Fingers crossed I'll have the test cert in my hand in time for winter so i can get it how i want it over that time.

I love your carbon Dash :good:

Thanks Nick,

I should have it running in a couple of weeks but money holds everything up, I am hoping to be finished by october and maybe get a trackday in before IVA, then ready for the first sunny day next year to be out on the road, Fingers crossed I'll have the test cert in my hand in time for winter so i can get it how i want it over that time.

I love your carbon Dash :good:

Thanks mate, it should look better when its trimmed up, fitted and has the digi-dash in. :good:

Hope you achieve your goals mate. I'm aiming for having mine finished this year also. Same as you, i want it IVA'd

and all ready too go so i can sort it ready for next summer.

My goal is to be at Stoneleigh next year in it??

You going to Newark Dave?

I'm going Sat and camping over, the Hog Roast sounds too good to miss. :spiteful:

Nick.

Guest dinger

Once again I will be missing a show, I'm off to Devon for a week with the family, I should really plan better I know :blush:

I'll be booking my holidays around the shows next year and book the baby sitters, Lol.

hi dinger

sorrry not going to see you at newark first of all ,

re the harpendon show sorry not enough notice ,

got mine now so it dont bottom out even with rent a clown in attendance .(rac )engineer

tug is ready for mot but no money to get it there ,

glad yor on the way ? thought you were changing the green stuf though ? didnt you have a chat to change it ?

graham

sorry ment to saay car looks great

Guest dinger

Alright Graham,

The more the car comes together the more I like the green, I may buy another set of fibre glass so I can swap colours with mood, I'm 4 and a half months into the build and feel I'm around 70% there,

Thats great news TUG is ready for MOT, to say its been a journey is an understatement!

I'll be at the Harpenden show just to see all the classics, If anything changes just let me know,

As for the bottoming out, I still feel bad for that but glad you've got it sorted, let me know when you need a test run, lol.

cheers dave

the car is so different since i jacked it up for clearance its untrue , i think the rac jockey

did me a favour . its only been a prob since i changed the wheels , so i guess the radius is different .

plus two fat blokes didnt help i think the over heating is also cured i have fitted a second cooling fan .

dans is suffering so we need to sort his out .

lots of love

graham

ps i had some of those lights they came of a jcb !!!!!!!!!

Guest dinger

Another productive day today, The wife took our little one swimming so I was left all alone, endied up in the garage, suprise suprise!!!!!!!

I didnt really have aplan of action other than sorting out the steering column sitting too high, I had to modify the Zero's bracket where the column attaches, I have an adjustable one so it may be ok with a normaal one, With that sorted and a nice feel sitting in the car with the pedals and now a good hieght steering wheel I moved onto the throttle cable, I used the outer from the sierra and ran a new cable through as both ends had to be different, The throttle linkage on the boddies is only 2 inches away from the pedal but couldnt do a straight run as the angles were so extreme, so i looped the cable without cutting the length down, I used the pedal box as leverage on the outer cable, Also cut a hole for the clutch cable to run through,

Once the brakes are blead I can adjust the brake pedal throw and put a stop so the push rod doesnt fall out if i catch my foot underneath the pedal,

I'd already built the dash and firewall and have now fitted it for good, Cant see any reason why it will need to come off again, however, its easily removed in an hour or so,

I'd tried the bonnet on a few weeks back and found that the ST170 rocker cover sits higher than a Zetec so would need to either fit a scoop or cut a big hole it the bonnet for it to sit flush but didnt know by how much until the nose cone was fitted, so guess what,,,,, I fitted the nose cone aswell today,

I needed about an extra inch clearance so decided that I'd bast*rdise the bonnet with a big hammer set on a bean bag, The results were pretty good with a nice bulge in the bonnet to clear the rocker cover on the engine,

So in conclusion a very productive day Ive yet to clamp the bonnet down as I havnt got any latches but should have them when i return from hols,

heres a few pics for you to enjoy, I did!!!!!

DSC_1358.jpg

DSC_1357.jpg

DSC_1356.jpg

Oh, I also fitted a front cycle wing to boot....