Expansion Tank

Guest Steve Allen

Guest Steve Allen

Could anyone give me advise or direct me to a link that gives informationon adding an expansion tank. I am now on the final stages of completion of a 3A, I have had toremove the nose cone so i thought while it was off i would look at the feasability of fitting an expansion tank. My question is the supplied RH rad does not have any addional outlets only the overflow from the cap, plus there appears tobe a blanked off outlet next to the Thermostat housing, can these be used to suit? I had a triptothe scrappy yesterday and picked up a small tank from a Rover 400. It has a 15mm outlet at the bottom and a futher smaller outlet/inlet onthe side.

Any advise welcome.

Steve

Guest Andy Sparrow

Covered b 4 many times try a search, in a nut shell you need to pipe off from rad overflow to a bottle put the pipe to the bottom of the container (even a drink bottle will do) ensure you have rad cap with rubber sealing washer in cap lid, so expansion fluid goes into bottle then on cooling is sucked back into rad.

Easy peasy (nissan micra tanks are ideal cheap at scrapy)

Andy

Guest Fred2b

Not sure if the 2B is the same but this is what I did on mine and it work fine. When hot the water expands into the water bottle ( cycle water bottle bought from Halfords) and as it cools it gets sucked back into the radiator.

Regards

Fred :p

post-10-1078126693.jpg