Super Spec Wiring

Guest QuadraDave

Guest QuadraDave

Hi im wiring my super spec in the wiring diagram it mentions engine multi plugs one and two has anyone got a decent diagram of wires going into multi plugs one and two and coming out of multi plugs where do the wires from multi plug one and two go to after the engine loom plugs. also in the wiring loom upto lights and wiper stalks there is a single white wire with no reference in wiring diagram as to where it should go thanks Dave D. ps wiring diagram i have is super spec issue 5 but its not a very good copy and its hard to see some of it

Hi Dave

Issue 5 was the latest one, I believe. But there was an A4 supplement with 6 pages of updates / corrections to the main diagram. Have you got this? If not, I'll try and copy it for you.

Actually, not many of the wires are used from the engine multi plugs. From memory, instrument gauges (temp, oil pressure, alternator warning, rev counter) and ignition switch.

I don't think the white wire on the loom is used.

As to where the wires go the other way (ie back to the engine), I bought a Rover 800 Haynes manual which has the wiring diagrams. Not all that helpful, but was useful a couple of times. The manual also includes some info on the T-series engine which is a little interesting...

Hope this helps

Harvs

Guest QuadraDave

Hi Harvs I do have a couple of pages to do with wiring not 6 the 2 new engine multi plugs i can just make out some of the wires going in from engine side but cant figure out what they plug into are they male /female and plug into each other or is one for ignition side and the other for relays might try and find someone with a super spec on the road in the northwest or warwickshire where i work thru week have got rover and sierra manuals so will try looking in these Thanks For your Help Dave D

Hi Dave

You can just cut the multiplugs off, and insulate the wires not needed.(They don't plug into each other)

If you PM me your email address I'll send on a copy of the 6 pager - definitely needed if you want to wire it up without too many headaches!

Cheers

Harvs