Robin Hood Build Video's

Guest bryan_andrews

Guest bryan_andrews

Is it really worth me spending hours and hours watching the build video's, i'm not really sure what to do :o how many of you have watched the video's and did it help or hinder you :p .

It's not a very complex peice of engineering and most of you seem to have found your own ways of fitting your cars together anyway ;)

What do you think, should i brace myself for hours of boredom, or should i just go for it and get on with the stripdown and rebuild? :D

Guest Russler

you have to view them as a comedy sketch, then there are more fun to watch. But as you say most of it is fairly self explanatory. I started with good intentions by making an index of the first video but then to be honest couldn't be bothered anymore so just got on to building.

i thought i remembered something about this, and i've just found it, a full index for the hilarity that is the build videos. Its on Daz Johnstons site here hope that saves you a few hours! Every minute saved is a minute sooner that you'll be on the road!

Swan

You should watch them. At least you then know what you're doing the RHE way, and what you aren't. If you ever need to use the RHE help line then you should definitely be aware of everything in them.

Ant

As Ant says, yes watch them. they are full of good info. Even if you do it an houre a night it's worth it. There are lots of questions asked on here that are covered in the videos quite well. Even if you do things your own way in the end.

Guest Andy Rathbone

watch the vids at least once, i have and found myself sitting there, swinging between two emotions

1 ooooh thats an ingeniuos way of doing that, didnt think of that :huh:

2 no no no i'm sure there are laws against using your tools in that way :o , i dont think i will do it that way

and like Mike said , "its part of the robin hood experience" wise words well spoken

Guest bryan_andrews

Think i'm gonna watch parts of them when i need to and figure the rest out myself, i'm already sold on the idea of a fixed scuttle and a couple of other idea's are bouncing around my tiny little mind at the moment. :rolleyes:

Guest daveg

:) Watch 'em

There is a lot of useful info :unsure:

Also, they are funny, I think Richard has a sense of humur :p

Dave

PS Watch out for Gina waving at her reflextion and the dogs part :D

Guest chris brown

They have to be watched even if it is just for the dog. But as others have said there is allot of good info in there it’s just that you have to find it. I know when I was building I often went back to the video not to copy it to the letter but it gives good pointers.

Chris