Fuel Tank

Guest Ben Salt

Guest Ben Salt

Hi people

I nedd to get a fuel tank made for my 2B (after careful consideration, have decided that using the sierra tank is a highly crap idea!). I've tried chris gibbons, but he cant make his plastic tanks at the moment :o . Does anyone know anywhere else which either makes decent tanks in the Surrey or Cambridge area, or anywhere which could deliver me one at a reasonable cost.

Cheers

Ben

You could always investigate a Mini estate/van item. I saw them at the Mini show at Stafford and reckoned they would fit but I already have the RH stainless tank so I didn't investigate exact dimensions/capacities. Mini-sport in Padiham sell them and will post one to you. Mini-machine also do heritage parts and mail order. I think Mini-machine are now called M-machine as BMW have been getting possesive over the Mini name - and in the process they have caused a fair amount animosity between owners of the New and old Mini's. They are manufactured new to the original patterns by British Motor Heritage so you may be able to get one direct from them but I don't know how they would compare on price. Mini-sport are a generally helpful crew and if you give them a shout they will no doubt give you dimensions so you can check if it will fit.

Iain

Guest TerryBarry

Mini Spares will supply an estate tank for £47 + VAT + shipping

Since they assume you are fitting it into a Mini no dimensions are given.

Try this link Petrol Tank

They supply Mini sender unit for another £16 + VAT

Terry