2011 Le Mans 24hr

Guest graham.g

Guest graham.g

Can help with a large garden to camp in,if that's any good;we are about 10 miles S/E of Stonehenge; plenty of off road parking in quite country-side.

They are not planning to break out all there camping gear for one night, but thanks for the hospitality.

cheers Graham

Guest Ace Fettler

Graham

When on business in the Portsmouth area we usually stay at the Holiday Inn Fareham-Solent. It is just of the Junc 9 of the M27 and is 8 miles or so from Portsmouth ferry terminal. Its in a fairly quiet location and the car park is well served with security cameras. Might be an option.

Regards,

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

All sorted with the Stepsons wedding on the 4th now, so I have booked the boat

Dover - Dunkirk -Tues 7th 2.00 hrs (should be there lunch time Tues)

Back Dunkirk - Dover Mon13th 18.01 hrs

Taking the tin top on my own at this moment in time, so if anyone wants a ride down just shout (camping pitch is booked and you can get entry tickets on the gate).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest graham.g

Well I hope everyone's now got their ferry's booked, only 3 months now to the off. here is a timetable of the official timetable.

Sunday 5th June 2011

14:30 – 19.00 Administrative Checks and Scrutineering (Place Centrale des Jacobins)

Monday 6th June 2011

09:30 - 17:30 Administrative Checks and Scrutineering (Place Centrale des Jacobins)

Tuesday 7th June 2011

17:00 Drivers’ Autograph Session

Wednesday 8th June 2011

16:00 – 20 :00 24 Heures du Mans Free practice sessions

22:00 – 24:00 24 Heures du Mans Qualifying practice sessions

Thursday 9th June 2011

19:00 – 21:00 24 Heures du Mans Qualifying practice sessions

22:00 – 24:00 24 Heures du Mans Qualifying practice sessions

Friday 10th June 2011

10:00 – 20:00 Pit Walk

18:00 – 20:00 Drivers' parade (City centre)

Saturday 11 June 2011

09.00 - 09:45 Warm-Up 24 Heures du Mans

14:22 Beginning of starting procedure 24 Heures du Mans

15:00 Start of the 79th race of the 24 Heures du Mans

Sunday 12th June 2011

15:00 Finish of the 79th of the 24 Heures du Mans

Everyone who is there for the Wednesday is invited to Dial Dave's Gite near Le Flesche for a BBQ.

A list of this years entrants can be found here ENTRY LIST

Graham

• 1 month later...
Guest graham.g

Tickets Have arrived today from the ACO,

Please can I have a head count who will be at Stoneleigh, and what day they can collect ticket.

AGM on Sunday would be best, but I will be there from the Saturday until Monday morning.

cheers Graham.

Or if you require delivery, give me a shout

• 1 month later...
Guest graham.g

Not Long Now, hope you are all ready and raring to go,

On arrival I will be arranging camping for all RHOCAR camping pitches to be together, I have my own stakes with "reserved rhocar" clearly marked, please look out for RHOCAR BANNERS and FLAGS, pick your own pitch within the rhocar marked area, any problems ring my mobile 07852111701. I have spoken to the ACO and this should not be a problem, I have your mobile and will text you on monday to confirm everything is tickety boo "hopefully" (or not )(will be trouble !!!)),

I have a large BBQ that all club members can use, but can you please donate some bbq coals if needed .

Think thats all, see you all soon Graham

• 2 weeks later...
Guest graham.g

Hope everyone got back safe and sound, what a great week and a fantastic 24hr race , thanks to Ken for being masterchef, thanks to Dial Dave for the BBQ, and thanks to everyone else who made it to Le mans,

I may be at Newark on Sunday, see you all there. Graham

Guest erichetherington

And a BIG THANKS to you Graham for organising the trip. Fantastic race and company. Kn*cker today got in at 2am but worth every it for the trip.

Eric

Many thanks to Graham for all his hard work and making the trip fantastic, a big thank you to Ken for cooking for the tribe, and a further thank to all the others that made my holiday one to remember, it was great to put names to faces.

Oh and thank to Graham for negotiating the pitch area with the head French guy on the site just as well he spoke GERMAN ???????? LOL