Run Out On Sunday?

Guest mastarforth

Having had to abandon joining up with other Hoodies at Filey I decided to go to the autograss meeting as above.I got there at 11.00am intending to leave in time to see the end of the Grands Prix.As I was going back to the car I met and chatted to Ian Marr,Steven Knaggs and Steve Cochrane who had just arrived.When I got into my Hood and turned the key the lights came on but when I pressed the starter button everything went dead.This had happened once before at home and whilst I couldn't find the cause it was OK a day later.Having exhausted a limited number of causes I called for rescue (Adrian Flux).In the conversation it came out that as I was parked in a field they could not turn out.So I was told to go back to them when I had got the car back onto the road.I then went looking for the three (Hoody )musketeers to give me a push.They decided to investigate the problem and whilst poking about with battery leads it became apparent that the battery earth lead was faulty.I tightened up the clamp which then split.The problem was resolved by cleaning the battery post and remains of the clamp and using a small mole grip to hold them together.A push start and I was away.Lessons from this experience are don't use zinc alloy battery clamps and clean and grease the battery terminals.Finally my thanks again to the three musketeers for getting me home and finding the fault.

Mike Bacon

Guest Ian Marr

Glad to hear you got home okay Mike.

Grass track event was great fun and Steve Knaggs got plenty of photos and video which I am sure he will be sharing in due course - a good afternoon out only made better by a bit of Hoodie problem solving :friends:

Glad you got home ok mike

finding the fault.

It was a no brainer really

It was that

or

Push you 200 mtrs up hill and then down the track so the rescue would come out LOL

See you soon

Steve

Guest mastarforth

Looks good steve

I used to go to the grass track racing alot when I was younger. Looks realy good fun but at the time I was not as bigger petrol head as I am now

I took the nephew to barford, was a laugh and thoroughly enjoyed it, my nephew after the first F2 race turned and said to me, you would love to buidl one of these! Kind of got me thinking, how much would it cost to start racing in F2stock car category?

Guest Ian Marr

Would like to have seen both events

They spent a lot of time going sideways

We all had mild hankerings to have a go at it - looks a lot of fun and some of the torque/power being laid down by some of the 'creations' was phenomenal (cars pulling wheelies) - maybe they need a robin hood class :shok:

and to see some of the wee ones in the junior classes was great as well - although one race had a good deal of contact and i think the dads back in the pits would be squaring up to each other :vava: :aggressive: