Dash Options

Guest ScottG

Now that my hood is off the road for winter (after completing only a few hundred miles this year) I have decided to throw some money at it.

Apart from the new coilovers to replace the Zimmers, some general tidying up of the engine bay and surrounding area I desperately need to replace the dash.

At the moment I have horrendous standard sierra clocks in, these are going.

My options I guess are the ETB big 7 kit and put in individual gauges, a few warning lights for indicators, handbrake etc.

Or I could go down the digi dash route.

If I was to go down this route (which I really want to) what system do people recommend .

I an not interested in logging times or anything crazy. All I would want is speed, rpm, engine temp and oil pressure (essentially what you get in the ETB kit but in digital form)

My intention is also to put a remote cut off switch on the dash and push button starter either with our without the key (i havent decided)

Suggestions???

hi scott

i have my own dash with single anolage gauges and after taping my mum up to fit the leather dash (i know i will get stick for that).looking to put in push start this christmas but keeping the key so when left parked up no one can start the engine and drive off. keeped the amount of gauges to a min cos i didnt want to clutter up the dash with too many.looks a lot better then the standard sierra dash.

jon

Guest red-col

Hey Scott,

weve just ordered Zero from the factory and reading your topic has made me look into the different options available as to how we can do the dash etc because the digital dash sounds like a great idea.

One place ive located that seems to have some good displays as well as prices is acewell

But if money was no object I would go with something like this from evodash

I dont know how good the suppliers are or how good the equipment is but it seems OK from what ive read

As for the engine start button this also seems like a good idea but I would agree with owlman and still have the keys so that you cant start the engine without the keys for security.

The wiring for a button from what I've read seems simple enough and just makes it that little bit different !

I just wish we had the car now so we can get the parts fitted and see it all working !

Guest mower man

ETB clocks and Bright 6 warning lights are to methe best dash setup if I did it again I would use the T shaped Bright6 set thats my opinion others may differ that's their privelidge mower man :good:

I do like the idea of the digi dash, this acewell one HERE isnt too badly priced when you consider I would need the gauges plus the warning lights seperately.

How complex is the wiring for this? Obviously putting in analogues gauges and lights is fairly standard I am not too concerned about that, but I would worry this is a total new beast.

I would also imagine I would need to leave a trickle power going from the battery instead of putting in a complete isolator or all the settings will be lost.

Cheers

Guest red-col

I do like the idea of the digi dash, this acewell one HERE isnt too badly priced when you consider I would need the gauges plus the warning lights seperately.

How complex is the wiring for this? Obviously putting in analogues gauges and lights is fairly standard I am not too concerned about that, but I would worry this is a total new beast.

I would also imagine I would need to leave a trickle power going from the battery instead of putting in a complete isolator or all the settings will be lost.

Cheers

I havnt seen the actual device so dont know for definate but looking at a wiring diagram for a similar model you will need a permanent live to the device and then there will also be the ignition live connections as well.

reading the manual and looking at the wiring diagrams it looks pretty simple to set up as long as you get the sensors in the right places.

I have the acewell 3250 with bright6 for warning lights.

easy enough to fit, speedo magnet is on prop/diff flange.

the only setting you need to reset when reconnecting the battery is the clock.

also no probs with iva (mines behind wheel)

cheers Paul

post-3784-091350000 1287593108_thumb.jpg

Cheers Paul.

I guess that is the other option, get the smaller unit and fit the ever popular bright 6 warning lights. The fitting is 6 and 2 3's.

I guess the next step is to do some mockups and see what looks best.