Gbs Factory Visit

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Hi all

Just returned from a factory visit to GBs on Friday. Had to pick up some parts. The difference from the last time I was there (6 months ish) is AMAZING. Its like chalk and cheese. Clean and tidy workshop with five staff building four Zeros. New showroom with meeting room, photo studio, cars on diplay. New parts store (bigger than my garden) with a dedicated staff member and computer link. The parts store is packed from floor to ceiling with stuff, all in a box with a picture on the front, part number and price. Amazing.

The Zero has ALL NEW panels, holes cut, better fit, chassis has all the mounts for rad, nose, etc welded on. New clips for wiring loom and brake pipes welded on to chassis. Nose cone cut to fit first time. New wide body Zero, New Race Zero, Bike engined Zero. Richard said they have over 600 parts waiting to go onto the Kit Spares site. Wish I had the new design zero, I have to cut and trim all my bits myself, very jealous. I think what Richard and John have done in 6 months is amazing, get in the car and go and have a coffee whilst looking round. I spent 4 hours up there.

All very positive.

Cheers

Spencer

Guest Chutney

I have to say I'm a little grumpy with them at the moment. At first it wasn't that They didn't have my parts in stock, but only that they didn't seem to be ably to tell me when I would get them. Now it's been about 5weeks since I paid for my bits and I still have to chase them up.

They are in danger of loosing custom soon, and I still have lots of bits to buy.

Guest gixerboy600

Thank you Spencer. :drinks:

Your words give me a warm comforting feeling. :good:

They have been building my car for months! :lazy:

Hi Stewart,

I had a good look over your car last week when I was up there!! It will be worth the wait, trust me!! Looking very very nice.

Cheers

John

Guest gixerboy600

Thanks John.

It has been quite a wait, though!!

I am hoping that the improvements people have been talking about are being incorporated in my car.

IVA is booked this Wednesday.

Important milestone.

Regards

Stewart

Hi Stewart,

They have been!!!

Good luck with the IVA

John

I was up there about 3 weeks ago and was equally impressed. I ordered my kit 2 weeks ago and I spoke to Jeremy today and have a provisional date of the 8th December to pick it up (2468 kit + a few extra bits) so it should include all the improvements. The other thing Richard mentioned to me was a slightly narrower centre tunnel so the standard car has a little extra room, not as much as the wide version, obviously, but a little more.

Guest Peter Kelly

Hi all

Just returned from a factory visit to GBs on Friday. Had to pick up some parts. The difference from the last time I was there (6 months ish) is AMAZING. Its like chalk and cheese. Clean and tidy workshop with five staff building four Zeros. New showroom with meeting room, photo studio, cars on diplay. New parts store (bigger than my garden) with a dedicated staff member and computer link. The parts store is packed from floor to ceiling with stuff, all in a box with a picture on the front, part number and price. Amazing.

The Zero has ALL NEW panels, holes cut, better fit, chassis has all the mounts for rad, nose, etc welded on. New clips for wiring loom and brake pipes welded on to chassis. Nose cone cut to fit first time. New wide body Zero, New Race Zero, Bike engined Zero. Richard said they have over 600 parts waiting to go onto the Kit Spares site. Wish I had the new design zero, I have to cut and trim all my bits myself, very jealous. I think what Richard and John have done in 6 months is amazing, get in the car and go and have a coffee whilst looking round. I spent 4 hours up there.

All very positive.

Cheers

Spencer

I ordered a Swirl pot from their spares dept' on line last Wednesday midnight. It arrived at my door 8.00am Friday morning. At a very competitive price.

Well done GB's

Pete. (the dog)