Rev Limiter

Guest owenpilson

Guest owenpilson

rather than paying 90 quid for a omex rev limiter can you get the rotor arm centrifugal type limiter for a pinto?

i used to have a bmw525 that had this type and you could buy rotor arms with different limits.

owen.

Guest Mr Pid

You can but they are very frustrating as you cannot switch them off to give the little boy sat next to you in his nova a really good caning off the lights!!

In my experience non-genuine ones seem to have the rev limit set much lower.

I got a shift light thingy bob (highly technical i know) which lights up a series of LED's in the last 1000 rpm of a specified max, the last one indicates gear change so its sort of a shift light but as you can set the rpm to what you want as long as your will power is good it is like a rev limiter "guide".

Of course if the red mist does descend then it can be completely ignored!!

Stu

The thing you are looking for is obtainable from Halfrauds, part number HRA561 the RPM that it comes in at, is on a label on the side of the actual rotor arm, they are for the Bosch dizzy.

I am reliably informed that it comes in at 6750 rpm

post-8-1079527188.jpg

Edited by Big Jim

Guest owenpilson

i cant seem to find any markings on my dizzy. how do i know that its a bosch one its of a 2.0 pinto block not the 205 ... ive got the one from the injection engine also but thats contactless and i havnt got the rest of the gubbins to go with that so im stuck with points.

is it worthme taking a photo of it and posting it here?

jim wrote "I am reliably informed that it comes in at 6750 rpm"

wouldnt a standard pinto be ready to let go at those sort of revs

cheers

Owen.

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Owen,

If I remeber correctly, which I probably don't, the Bosch dizzy is orange/brown - the other type was Motorcraft which was black.

HTH,

Stuart.

Guest owenpilson

yeah ive just found that out too , luckily mine is an orange one. spoke to halfords and they have the right rotor arm in stock for £13.89 , i might phone some motor factors to see if its cheaper elsewhere.

Owen.

Guest Mr Pid

I got mine from eBay, a they are sold by a company calle Revlite who are based down under.

There were tons on there a few weeks ago, i paid about £30 for it, and only took about a week to get shipped from Australia.

Here is a link for a review on it (bit pricey over here so keep a look out on eBay)

http://cars.potn.com/product_info.php/cPat...ucts_id/2701050

Cheers

Stu :D