Stainless Or Ally ?

Guest Andybarbet

Guest Steve

I think that if they get it right then RHE are on to a winner. Lots of people want these 7 style cars for performance and if a light, cost effective and well designed car can be produced then I think it would be very popular. The drawbacks of a light car can be cancelled by the advantages gained in speed and handling. After all, why else to thousands of bikers put up with the cold, rain, cramped seating position etc, etc?

RHOCAR could start a race series, that'd change the club a tad though!

Anyway, having got close to finishing my 2B I am very interested in one as the next project, good luck to them.

Steve

RHOCAR could start a race series

We already have, it's between Father Tim (our much beloved Chairperson) and 'Deep pockets' Rizla. It will be run over a number of individual laps at Curburough later this year.

don't miss it!

:) :) :D :lol: ;)

Guest timswait

Refering back a bit in the disscussion, an Elise isn't actually that light compared to a really lightweight seven, an elise weighs in at somewhere around 800 - 900 kgs, (similar to a Pinto engined 2B) and some bike engined sevens can be around 500kgs. As for lightweight cars bouncing across the road, they shouldn't if the suspension is well set up and the spring rates are well matched to the weight of the car. It is even more important than usual to minimise the unsprung weight though, so lightweight alloy wheels are quite important.