Rad Mod

Guest scrabster

Guest scrabster

I agree the stand up one will get more air flow therefore increasing cooling efficiency. Is that metal or carbon down the sides?

Regards

Mark

hi mark,the cowling is aluminium and secured with self tappers,easy to get off as the indicator plugs are behind.one drawback is the rad cap is close to the nose cone but touch wood there wont be any leaks so no need to get to it.

regards,jess,

You will need regular access to a filler cap. How else will you check water levels, fill, bleed, top-up, etc the cooling system. Human nature syas that the more difficult a check is to make the less often you will make it. Mine sits just under the back edge of the nosecone with enough clearance to remove if I strain the nosecone upwards. If the radcap is out of reach you need to add a swirl-pot/filler/header to the system at a high point that gives good access, bleeds effectively and gives fluid level check.

Nigel

Guest scrabster

You will need regular access to a filler cap. How else will you check water levels, fill, bleed, top-up, etc the cooling system. Human nature syas that the more difficult a check is to make the less often you will make it. Mine sits just under the back edge of the nosecone with enough clearance to remove if I strain the nosecone upwards. If the radcap is out of reach you need to add a swirl-pot/filler/header to the system at a high point that gives good access, bleeds effectively and gives fluid level check.

Nigel

hi nigel,i have got a few header tank options from various cars to try if need be but was unsure as to plumbing.is it a tee of the hose that goes to the head and one from the thermostat to the header tank?does the cap have to be the same pressure as the rad cap? and do i do away with the suck and spit bottle?

regards,jess.

I would look at the design of the system before deciding where to put bleeds and feeds. Only one pressure cap should be used in the system. Bleeds should come from any high points. This may mean using a blanking cap on the rad and pressure cap on the header. The header may be sealed or you may use a suck and spit from the header. Your choice. Return ideally to bottom hose.

Nigel