Zero Chassis

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

realy quick one, im having a hurrendous time trying to weld onto the GBSC Zero chassis, just wanted to make sure it is constructed from steel box section and not stainless steel box section?

Only the factory can tell you 100% but I am 99% sure it is steel and not stainless steel for the box section.

As a matter of interest, what are you trying to weld? I thought everything that needed to be welded on a Zero chassis was done at the factory before collection.

Guest chris brown

Unless you are an experienced welder I wouldn't recommend welding anything to the chassis it is to easy to weaken the steel box if you are not sure what you are doing.

Guest gixerboy600

Only the factory can tell you 100% but I am 99% sure it is steel and not stainless steel for the box section.

As a matter of interest, what are you trying to weld? I thought everything that needed to be welded on a Zero chassis was done at the factory before collection.

On the older Chassis you need to attach the radiator brackets and nosecone mounts plus a couple of other bits, all comes pre done on new ones

Guest mcramsay

i am fitting a new floor mounted pedal box, which has required a few bits to be moved, such as the clutch cable mount and i am welding in a bracket to stiffen up the pedal box. i will not be doing any welds that will be deemed as load bearing or structural. and i have the old type chassis which requres brackets welding on for the nose cone. in answer to your question the zero chassis comes complete. i have just decided to fit a few different things to mine which means a few things need moving. after investigation i found the wire feed was sticking which was causing the wire to burn back because it wasnt coming out quick enough,