Changing/uprating Headlights

Guest ash

since my "quality" R/H headlight housings are now covered in brown freccles (rust)

i'm looking at replacing them ,

i have looked at m/cycle twin"streetfighter" jobbies but not sure if they would be ok to use on a car ,also they have the added bonus of being halogen.

has anyone else done simmilar or do you know where i can get quality budget replacements. i'm not bothered if they are black or chrome

i have enquired about re-plating but such a small batch would be very expensive

thanx ash

Guest rizla

;) i like the idea of m/cycle lamps but arnt they a tad smaller,ive been trying to find somewhere that sells the square type like those fitted to dax rush but from dax they are a tad dear

found the price of them now £156 a pair

Edited by rizla

Guest Battery Bill
excluding SVA fee, tools, etc

I have included the tools we needed for the build, and hiring van etc, (I must remember to knock off the £15 we got for the Radiator an lights we did not use)

Of course as you have pointed out many times in the past Ours is not SVAd so we will add that on when it is. :p :p

What Kit did you get Les and did you get any extras ? Ours cost £3225 so we would be going some to still be at £3.5k :rolleyes:

My kit was the 2b with wishbones, stainless panels,carbon fibre effect GRP, total kit cost £2,195. (that included £20 for NOT having the exhaust hole cut in the side panel :gdit: )

Donor cost me £20, sold some parts off it to recoup the cost :p

New alloy wheels and tyres, promotional offer of new Motor World store opening - £100

Hood set £335, the rest is made up of s/s nuts bolts and trim and a few items from the scrap yard.

But the cost is rising every time I go to a show.

Les

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chris brown
Sorry just felt like gloating a little

and so you should be (sorry that is) mine was £5k 18 months ago plus £100 for new headlamps this year at Stafford :boohoo: there is little you can do with the c**p RHSC ones it would seem Richard changed suppliers about 3 years ago as those with older cars dont seem to have the same problem

My kit cost £1800 including SS pannels and a hood. I spent £700 on parts and donor so my total cost to get on the road is £2,500 not including the legal stuff. It's not as good as some but I did it within budget. Now I can spend more on trimming the inside up to a better standard.