Zetec Engine In Zero

femster87

Just fitted my engine into the car. On the nearside the mounting does not fit flush to the engine block. I chopped down some bit of it. but still not flush. What have people done? Spacing it out with washers seems quite weird to me, worried the bolts might snap off.

cheers

Guest oddsocks

Just fitted my engine into the car. On the nearside the mounting does not fit flush to the engine block. I chopped down some bit of it. but still not flush. What have people done? Spacing it out with washers seems quite weird to me, worried the bolts might snap off.

cheers

You got to make some spacers for it.Dont do it in washers, looks a bit naff,ask your local engineering shop to make you some. Take a look at my pic think i,ve got some pics of it. If you cant find any let me know and i'll take some pics for you.

HTH

Jamie

Guest oddsocks

Thanks Jamie,

Did you chop off that bit in between? If you did, Can i be cheeky and get the measures for the spacers off you? I would take it in to work to get it welded up.

No i left it on. I know some have chopped it off but why make work and you'll still need spacers, besides going at the engine with a disc cutter was a bit worrying!!

Just measured mine and the top spacer is 14mm and the two bottom ones are 24mm.

Get some pics up so we can see where your at.

Jamie

Guest sandy77uk

No i left it on. I know some have chopped it off but why make work and you'll still need spacers, besides going at the engine with a disc cutter was a bit worrying!!

Just measured mine and the top spacer is 14mm and the two bottom ones are 24mm.

Get some pics up so we can see where your at.

Jamie

I used the same inserts that i used for the bushes, cut them down to size and then used medium strength carbon steel bolts