Electricky

Guest Chutney

Guest Chutney

I have a premier loom ready to put in at a later stage. However, I have no clue about car electrics and so would like a diagram to study, which would also show connections not included in the loom. Ie starter-battery-alternator etc.

I found this one;

http://westfield-world.com/img/Wiring3.gif

Do you guys think this will give me a good idea of things or does anyone else have a diagram to send me?

I would of course be massively greatfull.

I would start my wiring tomorrow morning. I found the premier loom instructions quite good. Never wired a car before so a novice as well. The westfield page is quite good for information purposes. I layed out my loom after work for like 3 days and labelled everything. So hopefully we would find out how useful that is tomorrow. I have noticed that alot of people including myself are scared of wiring. So i might just do a write with pictures of my installations (plus mistakes) for zero builders

Guest Chutney

Yeah a wiring diary would be ace!

I'm still a few jobs off fitting the loom, but I am placing batteries and hoses at the mo and just want to have in my mind where the big battery cables will go.

As I say I have no clue about car electricals, so a basic diagram even to show where the battery lines go would be a good start.

Guest sandy77uk

Yeah a wiring diary would be ace!

I'm still a few jobs off fitting the loom, but I am placing batteries and hoses at the mo and just want to have in my mind where the big battery cables will go.

As I say I have no clue about car electricals, so a basic diagram even to show where the battery lines go would be a good start.

I was scared about doing my loom, but I ripped into it and its fine

I started by laying the loom out inside the cockpit and splitting the loom into the 4 main parts (rear loom, front loom, engine spur and main loom) i then cut a hole in the firewall, fitted the grommet and fed the front loom and spur through that and left it on the battery try (this is directly in front of the passenger area) I then decided to feed the rear loom inside the cockpit on the passenger side up the rear panel and through a hole into the boot (this comes out just above the horizontal bar at the end of the transmission tunnel, I then trimmed all my cables on the rear loom and fitted insulated female connectors (i've wired mine up so that all times, the powered part of the loom has a female connector on it, incase something should happen and it disconnects, the powered side wont ground), I've then ground the powder coating down and fitted drilled two earthing points in the boot area, 1 per side.

The front loom I've taken down the cross member the exhaust manifold passes over, the loom is attached underneath this bar and taken straight to the NS headlight, I've broken all the wires out for that side and then carried the rest of the loom on the 2 diagonal bars that meet at the radiator and across the OS Headlight, once against, I've drilled and ground back the powder coating to provide an earth point per side, again the powered side of the loom is insulated female connectors.

the engine spur is split at the firewall, with battery connectors fitted directly, the starter motor wires drop stright to the floor and are bolted on, the other wides are then fed to the points they are needed along the bars in the engine bay (I have Alpha throttle bodies, so I have joined my Priemer Loom in with the alpha loom and taken it to the inlet manifold side of the engine

the main loom I've coiled up and taped so its more rigid, the relay holders, fuse boxes and ECU bolt onto the firewall and the loom is attached using P clips and cables

Simples..

Edited by sandy77uk