Mt75 Clutch

zygoteer

Does anyone know if the MT75 cable-operated clutch can easily be changed to the hydraulic concentric thrust bearing type used on Transit, Galaxy, late Scorpio etc. ?

If so, is it worth doing cost/operation-wise ?

(over the years on many cars, I've had quite a few cables break on me - once causing a crash at the lights ! - but never had a hydraulic failure)

I am at an early build stage, so I guess now is the time to decide.

Jetski Jase has done this on a type 9, used a mondeo concentric clutch cylinder on the input shaft. He had to get a spacer machined to fit, but could have bought one from ebay etc for a handsome cost.

Then you have to think about your clutch pedal and master cylinder, will there be room next to the brake M/C or will it foul your inlet? you might have to consider moving the clutch M/C inboard and re-engineering the pedal set up

Thanks for the comments :)

I had not even thought that the pedal arrangement might not fit in - so nice reminder..

Part of the reason I was considering it, is because the guy I got a 7.5" 3.36 differential from (deisel scorpio), has also offered me the diesel MT75 which has the higher 3rd and 5th gear ratios in it - but it does have the hydrauilic clutch thrust bearing.

I shall be measuring up the pedal box room before I decide.

regards Tony