Leaking Rh Tank

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Hi I fitted my RH tank a while ago and only put fuel in app two months ago, I could smell petrol in the garage and thought it was the sender not sealed correctly but today I realised that one of the tank seams is leaking.

Has any one had this and how did they get on with RHSC with regards to repair or replacement ???

Steve

I had a problem with one of the shock absorbers leaking, the pair were replaced by return post with no hassle. I also had the pedal box cover (series III) replaced as it had been folded inside out, must have been a Monday morning job.

Excellent service.

Nigel.

Guest Lindsay

Hi Firstbuild

There was a petrol tank recall by RHSC in 2003, not all were required to go back just certain batch. Be worth a word with RHSC.

Cheers

Lindsay

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mike G

My Exmo smells of petrol only when I have the tank over half full. I cannot find the culprit anywhere. I have replaced all rubber pipes, carefully sealed the sender unit (not easy with the duff RH design), and still it pongs. No problem at all when less than half full. So far nobody has come up with any good ideas. Could it be a seam? If so, wouldn't I see some tell-tale sign?

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Hi my problem was similar, could smell it but couldnt find it so in the end after treble checking everything else I undid the straps and lifted the tank up and proped it up on a couple of bits of wood , left it overnight and found the next evening that it was "moist " on the front left hand corner. I think the fuel had been running away under the tank and then evaporating.

I returned my tank to RH and to their credit they said they will sort it, they didnt say how long though !

Steve