Inboard Or Outboard

Guest bryan_andrews

Guest bryan_andrews

I'm still stripping down what the previous owner had done to my kit, so that i can start building from scratch and build the car how i want it not how he wanted it, however, as i'm going along i'm already thinking about how i'd like to do things when i finally start putting it back together instead of taking it apart :o

Has anybody here run their brake and fuel lines inside the car instead of through the tunnel or under the floor? I'm not sure how the SVA tester would feel about this, but as it's potentially alot safer if done properly i dont see any reason for them to complain.............anybody else been down this route before???? :blink:

Guest MikeD318

I'm not sure how running the fuel line through the interior of the car would be safer, imagine if you had and accident and somehow the fuel lines got ruptured and ignited :o , at least if they're in the tunnel or under the car you'd have a sporting chance before being bbq'd. B)

Guest bryan_andrews

True, but if i had an accident i'd be alot more concerned about the 10 gallons of unleaded just behind me that only has a spare wheel for protection :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If done CORRECTLY inboard lines are vastly safer than outboard, just think of WRC cars, tourings cars, F1, Cart, IRL, Nascar......they all run inboard lines because the chance of rupture is vastly reduced.

Guest Stuart Ainslie

I would question it from the MOT tester's point of view - they do like to check them for corrosion etc. so having them hidden might upset him...

Stuart.

Guest rizla
;) from a mot test point of view you can only test what you can see,thier not allowed to remove trim etc to check them,some modern cars have the fuel and or brake pipes in a coverd plastic conduate on the underside of the car,you cant see them you cant test them

Guest sps137

i also thought about fitting them in the cabin to allow easier access, but decided that however i ran them there would always be a chance of some clumsy idiot (me) kicking them as they got in and out.

simon

Guest paul mercer

I ran mine above the two two welded chassis rails that go down the center of the car. The tunnel toppanel then seals them in. Make sure you get rid of all weld splatter and don't crush the piped when you put the cover on.

Guest Andy Rathbone

i ran everything down the inside of the tunnel fuel feed and return one side and electrics and brakes the other, because i'm sure i read somwhere the men from the ministry dont like fuel and electric clipped together, which is understandable really, so convienence fuel is passenger side and brakes and leccy the other the leccy clipped above the brakes so should there be a leek the brake fluid runs down and dont effect the leccy, i think it was a cunning plan baldrick :D

Hi i al so ran my fuel and brake lines along the top of the two tubes above the tunnel with only the power below. in the tunnel and passed the sva with out any question. i looket at a westfield at a show with them running along the floor if i had don that they would be cut and bashed by now.

Have a look at my web site http://www.stevedohc2b.freeserve.co.uk/Build.htm

I also have easy access if needed.

keep building.

Stephen Altwasser

Guest Battery Bill
Put the fuel tank under the bonnet in the space where the battery used to be

Ah but then you would be putting the weight back in the front and ruin the nice balance of the "Battery in the back" car :p :p

Anyway Stop mentioning battery position, its not allowed :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(Not JB) :lol: