Mk3 Mondeo Coil Spring

speedtripledan

Failed the mot on front n/s coil spring being brokecray.gif thought it would easy to swap done loads in the past on other cars WRONGfool.gif it was an absolute bleep to do. Front wheel was rusted on took an hr to remove, drive shaft was solid in the hub, disc was rusted to the hub, then the ball joint !!!!wacko.gif it was worse than words can describe to get the hub off the ball joint! then the spring was a **** my little wind up compressors were to small bought some more they also were unable to compress it enough had to buy a floor standing spring compressor which did it in minsgood.gif moral of the story is i thought id save a few £££ doing it myself NO cost way more in the end!! BE WARNED MK3 mondeos are not easy cars to work on...

Guest Ratcatcher3D

Sounds like an apsolute pain in the rear. A friend of a friend thought it would be a good idea to compress his spring in a vice, he started to compress it, then it jumped out of the vice and broke his jaw. At least you used the right tools could have been worse. lol