Sva Fail

Guest graham dockerill

Guest graham dockerill

Had a failure at Norwich on Friday. Dashboard radius not enough;(put garden hose covered by vinyl on it)Sharp edges under passenger and driver footwell;(put on edging strip over affected areas) No locking devise on front caliper retaining bolts;(put spring washers on them) Front spring unit only supported with one bolt, lower bracket; (drilled another hole in mounting bracket) Off side bracket /spring out of line; (moved mounting bracket when drilling second hole) Same units, bolts not covering nylocks;(put in longer bolts) Edges not radiused to 2.5mm, exhaust mount and upper seat belt clips;(covered clips with edging and covered exhaust mount with a piece of rad hose) Petrol hose rubbing on sharp edge,engine mount plate; (covered with wrapped piece of aluminiun) Rear wheels protrude out of body form plan, only by 3/8 of a inch; (change RHE alloys for Sierra wheels) Near side flexible brake hose not correctly secured; (replced with longer treaded hose with locknut securing it). Now i've done all the jobs and phoned for a retest and have to wait untill appointment on Tuesday 13 April, which means Detling will not be a first journey unless I can find some trade plates. The tester was very fair and explained every thing as he went, it was not the worry I thought it might have been.

Well done Graham for sorting all that in just a few days. Did the tester look like Jim Royl off the TV? if so he did mine last month.

Did you discuss using the garden hose with the examiner? I failed on the same thing and put a large diamiter pipe (like a vachume cleaner flexi pipe) under the dash to sort it.

Graham

Well done for what you've achieved,you should feel pretty proud!!!

Your failure list seems a whole lot of nothings.

Good luck with your retest allthough I'm sure everything will be fine

Cheers Ian

:D :D :D :D :D