Twin Dellortos/xflow

MarkBzero

Hi All,

I am going to fit twin Dellortos DHLA 40's I have got a set from ebay but needs a few spares. What I am after is any information about choke size, main jets, idle jets etc when fitted to a xflow, any further advice and a picture of setup (either xflow or pinto) showing throttle linkage and fuel runs would be appreciated. I know it will have to go on a rolling road eventually but is there a basic set up process to get the engine running? :help:

Rgards

Mark

Guest Stuartl

I had twin DCOE 40's on my xflow engined Sylva Striker and they were a nightmare. The car ran far better on a twin choke weber. Who suggested these carbs out of interest?

Stuart,

I was going for twin webers but most people generaly agreed with you so suggested that dellortos DHLA were better and more reliable. Trying to keep cost down and the donor car had a xflow fitted (south Afirican Import) the exisiting manifold and carb will not fit without moving a chassis rail and cutting a hole in the bonnet. This enginge/donor choice is causing more then one problem whilst building the zero but hey that's half the fun. Not looking for a speed demon just an enjoyable build the new xflow manifold has a slight upward angle which clears the chassis.

Regards

Mark