Emerald K3 Ecu

Guest Jomeo69

Guest Jomeo69

Well the time has finally come for us to have the engine mapped.

Now ideally we would love to take it to Emerald in norfolk but that just isnt an option.

So my question is really who can deal with this ECU.

Can any engine tuner map it for us or does it have to go to Emerald.

And if anyone is reading this and knows anyone in the south east who can do it that would be even better.

Many Thanks

Joe

PS ile be at Detling on saturday so may introduce myself properly.

Hope no one minds

Joe

Hi Joe

Ring dave at Emerald and ask him. What you will probably find is that to get the ultimate result you will need to go and visit him, but you can get yourself on the road first by going elsewhere.

Mine was mapped at a place in Oxfordshire recommended by Emerald. It ran OK but had a few flat spots and was not good at the top and bottom ends of the rev range.

Finally took a day off 2 years ago ish and drove over to Norfolk and let Dave work his magic. He took it from 160 up to 175bhp, raised the torque curve, and turned it from a fun car into a fairly lunatic one, but one which is still happy to pootle around. Also did me a track, road and economy map on the 3 way switch.

I can't remember whether I have given you any of my maps but I have a few you can try. Experience suggests its unlikely they will work, but there's a first time for everything. If you want them PM me your email address and I'll send them over.

Cheers

Guest Jomeo69

Hey andy.

Yes you have in the past been very generous with the maps.

Really its just to get us through IVA then when its on the road at least we can drive it up there to be done properly.

Many thanks

Joe

Guest Alan_builder

Hey andy.

Yes you have in the past been very generous with the maps.

Really its just to get us through IVA then when its on the road at least we can drive it up there to be done properly.

Many thanks

Joe

Hi Joe,

I would nip round to the local MOT station and ask them to put it on the analyzer. Out with the laptop and modify the map points for an MOT pass and yes its the same for IVA.