Rh Series 3 Chassis Rigidity

Guest drigboy

Sorry Big Jim ... but I beg to differ.

I agree that the 3 / 3A were not designed for the SVA but the new three is a different car to a series three or 3A. Not many were made. Graham Holdway (Gingerfix) worked on my car for a couple of saturdays during the build up and he also worked with Richard Stewart at Robin Hood when the model was being developed and launched (around about 1999/2000 I think) ... as a series three with some modifications to pass the SVA test. Mine did so with no modifications or extra strengthening. The roll cage (which is 2" diameter) mounts differently to series three cars as does the rear suspension (actually into the bottom of the roll cage). There is a cross bar to which the seatbelts mount. As far as I can see the front suspension / wishbone setup is entirely bespoke i.e no Sierra parts (although upright and hub is Sierra) .. .

The only regular contributor with a new three that I have seen on here is longboarder .. I suspect that he will be far more knowledgeable than me on the precise details of the setup.

Yes I agree snapperpaul .. I have had some unusual bendings and flexings around the rear end (now welded and strengthened) .. just not in the "usual" suspension mounting points.