A Jaunt Down The Lanes

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

Hi all.

Just took the car out for a jaunt down the lanes, no problems of a serious note thankfully. I think I've sussed where the oil leak is coming from. I have oil on the underneath of the block breather so I think its coming from there and dripping down onto the sump which is where I thought it was originally coming from. I'll check the tightness of the bolts.

The rad fan seemed to stay on too long even though the water temp kept below 80c, so I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the top hose which has a length of stainless tube crossing over the manifold, and keeping it hot? The sensor is connected to this tube by a small silicone joiner tube of about 3" before going into the top of the rad. I could possible extend the silicone hose from the thermstat housing and push the stailess tube to the car body away from the exhaust manifold in an attempt to keep that pipe cooler, or make an ali heat shield plate to go over the exhaust, but I think that will look horrible.

The gear stick seems to bounce up and down a fair bit. I have the mounting bolted down and the two engine mounts, but is there any other way of securing it?

Over than that she is running mighty fine! I still haven't given it some stick, wanna make sure everything is sorted before going hooligan!

Daz

Sounds like some of your water flow is bypassing the fan 'stat, 80*C is a low engine temp;not good for fuel economy. Had similar problem on our car 'cause we had a 15mm hose connected from inlet manifold to top hose,this kept the temp. down to 80; blanked it off & temp now cycles at90/95 with fan not comming in 'til 100 & out at 92. The fan has only ever cut in when in heavy traffic, but I suppose our engine is in a lot lower state of tune.