Diffuser

Guest sandy77uk

Guest sandy77uk

Hey guys, does anyone have an photos for fitting the rear diffuser? when I offer mine up to fit, it hits the bottom A frame, am I supposed to be cutting this thing in half?

Guest dctough

You need to trim the sides of the diffuser to fit undernear the rear wish bones. I also had to trim along the front of the diffuser to shift the whole assembly forward so that the rear of the diffuser fitted nicely into the curves of the rear panel.

Guest sandy77uk

You need to trim the sides of the diffuser to fit undernear the rear wish bones. I also had to trim along the front of the diffuser to shift the whole assembly forward so that the rear of the diffuser fitted nicely into the curves of the rear panel.

I'd be interested in some photos if you have any please fella

Guest sandy77uk

I've just put some pictures on my photobucket site - link below

Interesting, from your pictures you seem to have a lip of sorts that the end of the defuser will sit on, is this something you have added yourself?

Guest sandy77uk

Correct me if Im Wrong but that 'flap' is part of the rear panel which most of us trimmed off.

nope, ive not trimmed my rear panel and it doesnt look like that, that seems to be a lip fitted to the square horizontal bar that floor is welded to (almost an extension to the floor)

Guest big kev

Nmmmmmmm can remember on a previous thread about the rear panel someone saying not to trim the bit off the bottom because it will help mount the diffuisor

I'll try to find it

Guest dctough

Here's the link for the iphoners:

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k484/dctough/Kit%20Car%20Build/

The 'flap' is a bracket that GBS supplied (at extra cost). I've got the lowered floor on my car, I just rivetted the bracket to the rear of the lowered floor. Not sure how it works if you have the flat floor. The bracket also incorprates a piece that fits underneath the transmission tunnel and between the two lowered floors that is designed to deflect any 'bumps in the road' downwards and protect the leading edge of the diffuser from getting mangled.

I didn't have to do anything to the rear panel, apart from drilling a couple of holes under the wheel arches hold diffuser in place using rivnuts. I also used rivnuts alond the leading edge of the diffuser to bolt it to the bracket.

Piece of cake.

Dave

Guest sandy77uk

Here's the link for the iphoners:

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k484/dctough/Kit%20Car%20Build/

The 'flap' is a bracket that GBS supplied (at extra cost). I've got the lowered floor on my car, I just rivetted the bracket to the rear of the lowered floor. Not sure how it works if you have the flat floor. The bracket also incorprates a piece that fits underneath the transmission tunnel and between the two lowered floors that is designed to deflect any 'bumps in the road' downwards and protect the leading edge of the diffuser from getting mangled.

I didn't have to do anything to the rear panel, apart from drilling a couple of holes under the wheel arches hold diffuser in place using rivnuts. I also used rivnuts alond the leading edge of the diffuser to bolt it to the bracket.

Piece of cake.

Dave

Ahh right that explains it, I also have the lowered floor, how much did it cost you out of curiosity? i've got to be careful as I have my fuel lines running between the 2 lowered floor sections

if you remove the bottom section of the back panal ,prior to fitting the difuser , you will need a bracket to hold the sides on , can be made from flat alloy, no real drama.its how i did mine as i ivad withought the difuser .

graham

ps looks good in the yellow , mines black .